Club Privacy Statement and Policy
East Hull Harriers & AC – privacy statement and policy
East Hull Harriers & AC (EHH&AC) is an England Athletics affiliated running club which meets in the East side of Kingston-upon-Hull. EHH&AC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, EHH&AC is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What data we will collect
In becoming a member of EHH&AC, EHH&AC will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, URN number, email address, address, telephone number, names of the EA affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold (Athletics Data). Your details will be passed to England Athletics in order for them to be able to register you, unless you are purely a social member. England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal. You can set and amend your privacy settings from the MyAthletics portal. If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we will collect it
We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a member of EHH&AC and administering your involvement in the club. We will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member and to administer the sport.
Uses of your data
- Registration with England Athletics
- Training & competition entry such as coaches and volunteers to administer training sessions, sharing data with club team managers to enter events, sharing data with leagues and county associations and other competition providers for entry in to events.
- Funding and reporting: anonymised data shared with funding partners e.g. local authority, anonymised data to analyse club trends
- Membership and club management: processing of membership forms & payments, share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events, publishing of race & competition results, website management
- Communications: disseminating club news, sending out information about club kit and fundraising
How long we will keep it
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. Athlete data is updated every year on annual membership records. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after four years of inactivity on that member’s account, in line with England Athletics Limited’s retention policy. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- to access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data
We may share your Athletics Data with athletics partners such as UK Athletics, other Home Country Athletics Organisations, selected members of the National Council, Regional Councils, County Athletics Association and / or Area Athletics Association and third- party data managers that we appoint as data processors as part of administering your involvement in sport. We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.
The club has the following social media pages: Facebook and Twitter. All members (and non-members) are free to apply to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
- The England athletics online portal forms the main data repository for athletics information for the club. Passwords for this are known to the club secretary and membership secretary only
- Membership application forms will be retained in paper form in a secure location in the membership secretary’s home address
- Paper copies will be used as a backup in case of England athletics portal failure
- electronic copies of applications forms will not be retained
- Paper based data will only be moved for the purposes of transferring to a new membership secretary
- Email addresses will be stored on the annual membership records for the purpose of communicating to members. Bcc will be used for global club communications to preserve confidentiality of individual members’ email addressed.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how EHH&AC collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact the Committee Secretary by email (see fixture card or newsletter) in the first instance. If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by EHH&AC, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk)