To All East Hull Harriers members:
I have had a mail from Lucas Meagor, Race Director of the Hull Marathon regarding clubs assisting in the event. As many of you will be aware, the past two years we have manned a water station along with other marshalling duties.
- Are we prepared to marshal a zone along the route? I have said yes and also put myself forward as Team Leader (though I’m happy to hand over that role) for the zone covering James Reckitt Avenue. I’ll be putting a notice up in the club shortly for names or please indicate below (or message me). Remember, you also have to register on the Hull Marathon site.
- Lucas is prepared to fund attendance at a Road Traffic Management course in Beverley (date tbc), which would mean helping at key junctions in the race. Again, let me know below or via PM.
- If anyone would like to do any leaflet drops (anywhere between 27 August and 10 Sept) or help with goody bag packing on Thursday 21 September, please let me know and I’ll pass on your details to Lucas.
- They are looking for a display for the exhibition at Hull College (22-24 September) which illustrates our club’s history. This does not need to be manned but will need someone from the club to pull it together and also deliver/collect the materials. Examples given are – history of races, details of club history, pictures of the clubhouse (curry night?), leaflets with website and contact details.
- We can have a ‘designated cheer point’ for the Runners’ Guide, so if anyone wants to look at the course and suggest somewhere, go for it!
- We could also have a presence in West Park in the Race Village but that might stretch our resources somewhat.
The looks like a long list and it may be that we don’t do all of these. Please let me know what you can do by messaging me by 19th August.
Looking back what a day, there was smiles, laughter, drinking, pain, pleasure, drinking, sweat, cramping, did I say drinking. All in all, a cracker of an event and I think I reflect the thoughts of the club that hopefully it will grow and become a permanent fixture on the race calendar